BUILDING DESIGN STAGES
SCHEMATIC & CONCEPT DESIGN
Schematic design combines the client’s vision and needs with the local Council requirements relevant to that building zone. For a commercial or multi-residential project, it is advisable to have a Council Pre- lodgment discussion to assess the project feasibility. Schematic Design is used for
- Translating a design vision into architectural sketches
- Testing a development project design for a Council Pre-lodgment DA
DESIGN & DOCUMENTATION FOR COUNCIL D.A.
For Commercial and Development Projects
Once the schematic design has been approved, further adjustment occurs during the production of Council DA documents, which will include existing site details and building(s) and new proposed building(s).
A development application is conducted in two stages: Stage 1) Defining the initial design concept, where we use 3D modeling to investigate the best yield for the client; Stage 2) the design development & documentation prepared for the Council Lodgement.
Ideas and Design Concepts for Pre DA Submissions
- Meet with the client to review and discuss the initial design brief
- Site analysis and photographic report, which will form part of the report required by Council
- Detailed measurement of existing relevant architectural features and/or building(s) other than the level/land details provided by the Surveyor
- Initial design concept sketches of plans for client review prior to-DA submission
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT & DOCUMENTATION FOR RESIDENTIAL
Full Design Services Ready for Council BA & Construction
This is a full design service, comprising concept sketches through production of full construction plans suitable for submission to state & local Authorities for approval and for contract tenders.
- Schematic & Sketch Design
- Concept Design & preliminary drawings
- Working construction drawings suitable for Building Approval (BA) and builder’s tenders
For more details, view our brochure.