SUSTAINABLE, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY & HEALTHY LIVING
The word “sustainable” is sometimes overused. Its basic definition is about the balance between people, culture, the environment and the local community. This balance allows any business to maintain and sustain itself over the long term.
In our industry, a sustainable design must address the issues of:
- the building’s durability and maintenance cost
- low energy consumption through passive heating and cooling (passive design)
- healthy, safe and comfortable indoor-outdoor living spaces
- the cost of building materials and the related pollution caused by their manufacturing and transportation.
Generally, our materials selection is based on the following performance criteria:
- Where and how it is manufactured
- How long it lasts and what it costs to maintain
- Can the maintenance be performed locally
- Does the material suit the climate of the region where the building will be ie how does it react to tropical heat and humidity
- If it is an insulation product, does it perform appropriately where it will be installed
- What are the products or system guarantees
- Are they carbon zero