SUSTAINABLE AND GREEN
OUR BUILDING DESIGNS COME FROM DEEPLY HELD VALUES ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF PASSIVE ENERGY, SUSTAINABLE HOME AND BUILDING DESIGN AND ECOLOGICAL, SOMETIMES CALLED ‘GREEN’, BUILDING DESIGN AND PRACTICE.
All our work comes from our belief that:
* A good and honest design should reflect the dream of the client to have a living space which fits their individual needs
* Homes should connect people with their natural surrounds, with residents feeling in sync with their house, physically safe and comfortable
* Clients should have an estimated construction budget beforehand, to help eliminate financial stress so that cost variations can be kept under control
* Every building created should respect the environment. As building designers what we create impacts on the environment, so we design responsibly
* Using sustainable and ecologically sound building materials is essential, to achieve the best outcome for each project
* Passive energy design principles should be applied to every building, we design for now and for the future
All our building designs are sustainable, meaning that the home itself maintains itself over the long term. In the building industry a sustainable design is:
* durable and low maintenance
* has passive design, meaning low energy consumption through passive heating and cooling. This not only makes a home more comfortable, but comes with an added financial bonus – lower heating and cooling costs
* the building material itself is environmentally responsible: it’s sourced locally where possible and it suits the climate. In Queensland we need to ask ‘how does this material react to heat and humidity?’
We are proud that our designs tick all these boxes.